Wednesday, April 22

Triathlon Training

I was going to change the layout of my blog to look all sporty before I start blogging about this, but there is no time for that anymore!

I have registered for "My First Triathlon" at Lake Lanier on June 6. This event is only for those who have never competed in a triathlon before. It is less than a sprint distance and my goal is just to finish....not in last place though. This should be an attainable goal. I entered my first 5K on Feb. 28 and I've been working on some cross-training by swimming and biking since then. Of course, I have not been as disciplined as I would like in my training, but I'm doing much better than I was a few months ago!

The event consists of swimming 1/4 mile, biking for 10 miles and running 5K. I'm pretty excited and nervous about it. But I decided to do it because I needed to set a goal that would push me. It's amazing how differently I feel and think when I have done some kind of exercise in the morning. I notice the difference daily.

Tomorrow morning, the plan is to go jogging with my roommate Mandy before work. It usually works best if I can get up early and do my workout first thing in the morning. So I'll have to blog about how that goes. Part of the reason I'm blogging about this event and my training for it is because I want some additional accountability to train with discipline!

I'll keep you posted

No comments: