Wednesday, May 20

Group Rides!

I love riding my bike! It's official. I'm so glad that I have it and I am just loving every minute of riding. I love it even when I'm struggling to climb a hill from the easiest gear and still huffing and puffing going 5 mph! I have a lot of ways I can improve to say the least. Out of the 3 events I'm training for, biking is definitely my favorite. I also went swimming today just for about 20 minutes (before the swimming lessons started). And I really enjoyed the swim too! I'm enjoying it more and more each time I do it.

But last night I went on my second group bike ride and it was so fun! As much as I love biking, it's even more fun with a group. I can't really put my finger on why, but maybe it's because I really do enjoy doing anything with other people. Maybe I should run with other people more often. The problem with that is finding someone willing to go as slow as I go to my training right! I used to run with my roommate Rachel and then she went and got married. I would jog, then walk and while I was walking she would pretty much run circles around me! Or she would do sprints up ahead of me and sprint back and then jog with me a little. It was fun!

So if anyone else wants to jog or swim or bike with me, let me know!

No comments: