Wednesday, June 24

Super Hard Spin Class

I went to a spin class last night with my friend Heather, who I suspect is one of only a handful of people who read this blog! I was pretty excited about it because I had heard that Tania who teaches the class is really good. So good, in fact, that someone once told me to be sure to get there early to get a bike because the class is always full. Some of the other spin classes I've been to frankly left me a little bored and I didn't workout that hard really. So trying Tania's class made me a little nervous and excited at the same time.

And I loved the class! It was probably the hardest workout I've done since my first day of Wow Boot Camp last summer. The thing is....I never push myself that hard when I'm just working out on my own. During this whole triathlon training period I have been very cautious about not OVER-training. I didn't want to push too hard and then have to take a few days off to recover (instead of maybe just one day). But now that I'm training for the next one, I'm focusing on getting stronger and faster. That translates into more interval training and sprints! And we did a lot of those on the spin bike last night. My heart rate was pretty consistently between 80-85% of my maximum for the hour, with the exception of a few recovery periods that were part of the workout. So overall, it was a great workout that pushed me much more than I would have pushed myself. Hopefully doing an occasional spin class like this instead of just training on the road bike will actually make me stronger and faster. I can tell you that almost every muscle in my body is at least a little sore this morning.

2 comments:

Nick and Christina Brannen said...

I need to try Tania's spin class. Never been but I should give it a try.

heather ryan morse said...

i am so glad you liked it! i love the music and the fact that you can go at your own pace and she makes you want to do more :)