Wednesday, May 28

Packing

I'm taking a short break from packing. The movers are coming tomorrow and I'm not finished yet! I get weary every few hours, so I try to take short breaks to rest and get motivated again. I've already packed all of my kitchen utensils and I don't have much food here. So for my midnight snack I'm having frozen blueberries that are turning my fingers purple, and the last little bit of Pinot Grigio served in a Locos kiddie cup that didn't get packed yet. So random.

As many of you know, I am not at all an organized person. I am actually a self-proclaimed pack rat and there in no rhyme or reason to the things I keep in drawers for years. So I'm quite proud of myself for the amount of things I have actually thrown away this week without a moment's hesitation! I'm especially proud that I didn't waste time reading all the notes or details of what I once considered "keepsakes." I just tossed them. I still have a bunch of stuff....letters and notes from people that are still so special to me, photos, books, etc. So I keep going back to the store to buy more boxes because I honestly didn't realize that I have so much stuff!

I was trying to come up with a "Top 10 things that make packing fun" list, just to amuse myself while I'm working on this. But I only came up with 2 fun things, 1) finding unexpected items--like the match to a shoe I've been missing for a while or sometimes even some money! Most of the money I've found are euros which is worth way more than the dollar. 2) Using bubble wrap. Although I'm trying not to pop the bubbles because I want the stuff to be protected, I still smile when I hear it go "pop" accidentally.

Check out this clip of Mr. Bean Packing. It's on YouTube but does not allow embedding so you'll have to follow the link. I can kind of relate to his problems.

No comments: