Wednesday, June 11

It's good to be employed

I have a new job. I don't want to go into details, but I started on Monday and I'm working as an office assistant for two people that I already knew to some extent. So far, the job has been good. It's always fun for me to do something new and learn how people do things, etc. I'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to organize myself at this job and the best ways to help my two bosses. Yes, it has been a little overwhelming because there is just so much information at the beginning and I'm trying to learn the lingo and the computer system and the company database and get my email and access to everything set up. So I'm pretty exhausted today. I'm not worried about getting it all down, it's just that today it makes me think a lot just to remember really simple things like how to print out stamps and stuff. And I took a typing test and found out I can type 70 words per minute and I think that's pretty good!

But everything is good. I have a job, a place to live (I think), some new work clothes from TJ Maxx and some that are gently used from Plato's closet. I have good friends, food to eat, a great pool outside my door for the next couple of weeks, a reliable car, a wonderful church home and a loving family! And of course, I have Daisy, my dog. Although she is staying with my grandmother right now because I can't have pets in this apartment where I'm staying for the month of June. I think this picture was taken while I was in undergrad around 2000.

Overall--things are good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad that you are enjoying yourself...and getting the hang of your balancing act ;) i love daisy!