Monday, June 16

So sad to see you go.

Some of my favorite people in the world are all related to each other. They are a family in themselves and they have let me be part of their family. I have been so blessed to be part of their lives recently but now it's time for them to go and plant a church and bring the good news of God's love to other people who need to know it just as much as I do. At first I was very upset that they are leaving and afraid of what is going to happen to me without them here. Then I realized that I was being very selfish in wanting to hoard my friends instead of trusting that God has a plan and He is going to do wonderful things through them and that I'm going to be okay without them every day.

They truly let me be part of their family. They even included me last night in their family tradition of leaving a memorial at their house before the moved. This picture is of me with the mom and kids at their Ebenezer.
The idea is based on this verse: 1 Samuel 7:12 "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, 'Thus far has the Lord helped us.'" We all put down rocks and told what God has done while they were living here in Georgia. I could not have imagined more precious blessings that to know these kids and their parents during the past year or so. And I'm so thankful that they included me in remembering how God has been faithful during their time here.

No comments: