Friday, July 18

Fun at Bebecca's House

One of my 3 year old friends got in the habit of calling me "Bee-Becca" instead of Rebecca during the past year. This really caught on even with some of my twenty-something friends. So, to some, my name is now Bebecca. And I kind of like it because it makes me think of my 3 year old friend who has now moved far away!

So, we had our first dinner at "Bebecca's" house this past Monday and since I haven't taken pictures of the rooms yet, I'm putting this picture up of us in the dining room. You can't really see the room that well. I also just really like the picture of us doing what we do best. This is about half of my small group from church. They have all become kind of like family to me and they have all taken turns taking care of me in various ways during the past few months. I was so excited to finally host them at my house, in a place that was actually big enough for everyone and where 10 of us could sit at one table. I wanted to serve them a little bit because they have all served me so much and so generously.

Well, everyone ended up helping out so much that it really was like a family dinner (as it always seems with small group). Jennifer brought bread and Nan whipped together some peach cobbler, Ben took over the grilling duties and I'm sure had help from the other guys outside. Many different people were involved in chopping up vegetables and washing dishes after we ate. It was so great! We had a blast and we'll have to do it again soon. It just felt so good to have everyone where I live! Right before we ate, I told everyone that I feel so blessed to be able to live in such a great place that I feel like I need to share the wealth and have people over all the time!

More pictures are coming soon. But for now, here is a glimpse of fellowship in the dining room. The only thing different is that now thanks to two guys named Ben, there are curtains hanging in the dining room that weren't there when the picture was taken.

Nan's caption for the picture to the right is "She's nice to me and gives me cucumbers to eat..." because this baby likes cucumbers as much as cookies!

1 comment:

Dawgpatch said...

The dining room looks wonderful with so many good friends sharing it with you! I'm so happy that you have good friends and a beautiful place to live. You are very blessed to have such a supportive community! I can't wait to come see everything!