Sunday, July 13

Will I ever finish?

I've been unpacking and putting things away in this house now for 10 days. I took a little break over the 4th of July weekend, so really I guess it has been a week of getting settled in. And there is still so much to do! First, I have so much more stuff than I ever realized. I can't believe I actually have enough furniture and more than enough wall art to fill up this house. It's not the biggest house ever, but it's definitely the biggest place I've lived since I've been on my own. Almost all of the furniture that belongs to me came from my grandmother or one of my great aunts. I am so blessed to have been given this furniture. I'm sitting on my grandmother's couch as I type with my feet propped up on my Ikea coffee table which is one of the few things in this living room that I actually purchased. I used to have a really nice coffee table from my Aunt Mary with a marble top, but last fall someone broke it when he tried to move it out of his way by kicking one of the legs. When it collapsed, I bought a new one that was cheap so that if it breaks it's not a big deal.

Really, all I have left to do is hang the curtain rods and a couple of other things on the walls that need holes drilled for the anchors. I have a friend helping me with that tomorrow. And I also need to unpack and wash all of my clothes that were in storage because they all smell like the storage unit. Then after I put those away and get the office area organized, I'll be pretty much finished. I guess I just thought I would have put everything away by now. I'm just still so amazed at how much stuff I have! And I'm also still in awe that I get to live in such a great house! Hopefully I will have pictures to post soon of what it looks like so you can all see how great it is too.

Also, I did end up eating the salmon and I'm still okay--not in the hospital or anything. And I bought a new Pyrex dish today. All is well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nesting well takes time :) you take all of the time you need! and have a party when it is done, so we can all see all of the work you have done!

any excuse for a gathering!
-heather

Gina Rose said...

Becca, I am so glad I found your blog. I just started one and it is so much fun. Miss you. By the way, we are moving to denver area. Closer to you??? I will be sharing in your moving in woes very soon. let's catch up soon. -gina

PT said...

becca!i found your blog through kristen's blog. i love your page, it looks WAY cool! i am bookmarking you now! :) hope you're doing well! -paige