Friday, April 25

Fun-filled Day

I'm staying with Michelle and Dan's kids this weekend while they are out of town. They left this early this morning and although I am a little tired, I'm having lots of fun being "Aunt" Becca. This morning we had milk and cereal for breakfast while they all sang the song they know about this topic by G. Love and Special Sauce. Then we did home-schooling work. After that I took the two youngest kids to a friend's house so they could go with them to pick strawberries at Washington Farms. While they were gone, another child went to stay at a friend's house and I was left with the two oldest at lunchtime. We needed to go pick up a birthday gift for a party tomorrow and we decided to have lunch at Chik-fil-A since we were going to be right there! I think this was a real treat for these two older kids. AND they were passing out samples of their new flavor of milkshake, so we each had a taste of Coffee Caramel Milkshake for dessert!

When we got back to the house, the two youngest kids came back with their fresh strawberries and we all put on our swimsuits and rushed over to the pool at my apartment complex. We had the pool all to ourselves this afternoon so that was nice, but the water was so cold! Little Hope's lips were quivering but she still wanted to swim. After we got all tired out from that, we drove back to the house and decided that the perfect snack after swimming would be a Scooby-Doo cheese and a peppermint brownie cookie with milk. It really hit the spot!

Two more kids have gone now to spend the night with friends and I just have the two youngest kids here at the house. They are watching The Little Mermaid which I'm pretty sure they had never seen before I brought it over earlier this week. I don't mind watching it because it has always been one of my favorite movies....well, since 1989 or so when it first came out....and I know all the songs by heart!

I'll probably go to bed at 8pm when the kids do because I'm not used to all this running around and having fun. But it has been a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad that you had such a great time with the rogers kids :) yay! it IS really tiring babysitting for a weekend though...i bet you slept for days after watching them :)

like your song on the site!